Week 8: Reading and Writing

Overall, I believe the reading and writing assignments are working out wonderfully. I love my blog, and I feel like my project website is going pretty well. I feel like I am a little behind with my writing for my project. My story posts are great! I have been having so much fun creating new content and expanding on other stories. I am trying to finish up the class early, so I have a lot to do project-wise because I do not want to be done with the class and only have one story on the website. My biggest accomplishment is that I have not had writer's block. I have always struggled to get started on writing assignments, but in this class, I have not had that problem yet. I have really liked the Tiny Tales of the Mahabharata. The reading notes really do help me narrow things down in what I want to tell story-wise in my weekly stories. A reading strategy of mine that helps a lot is reading one day and writing the next. This helps me try to recall what I read the day before.

Anjana and Kesari holding Hanuman. (Source: Hinduscriptures)

I really enjoy this picture from my Week 7 Story that I wrote about when Hanuman's parents (Anjana and Kesar) first meet. I love this picture because it shows that even though Hanuman is part monkey and part human, his parents love him so much. In this picture, one can tell that love is unconditional.

One thing I want to do is just take some time and think about each story I have read. I feel like this way I will get more out of the readings which will lead me to write better stories. Other than that, I am loving this class and the experiences I have gotten from writing multiple stories. 

Comments

Popular Posts