Time Strategies

From the 11 ways unsuccessful people mismanage their time article by Áine Cain, I learned that there are a lot of ways that people mismanage their time. I, myself, noticed that I do a lot of the things mentioned in the article. I, for one, do not keep a schedule or records on what I need to do. This is a significant problem because I often forget to do things because I do not have a reminder. I also procrastinate and get sidetracked very easily. I tend to not want to do things. This makes me have a lot of things to do at the last minute. I get distracted very easily because I do not want to work on stuff in the first place. So, I use any excuse I can find to avoid the assignment or task. After reading this article, I know that I need to juggle fewer things on my plate. I tend to over-commit and sometimes tasks run into each other. Also, I need to not take on too many tasks at once and not procrastinate because I cannot afford to burn myself out. 

The importance of studying the right way (Source: Imgur)

From the Psychology of Checklists article by Lauren Marchese, I learned that it is very important to divide tasks into groups. There is no better feeling than to cross something off one's list. Checklists make tasks more doable because once you cross out one task and marked it completed, then moving down the list is manageable. I tend to use checklists when it comes to assignments that need to get done for the week. It makes me feel like I can do it and overcome my laziness. Now I need to break it down and give myself allotted time periods to do certain tasks. I feel like this would really help this semester because I am taking five classes this semester and there is a lot to do.

Comments

Popular Posts