Feedback Thoughts

From the Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head article by Sabina Nawaz, I learned there are so many people that fall victim to the serious voices that are in our minds. It can happen to anyone, even a successful executive vice president of a company, as mentioned in the article. These negative thoughts that so often pop into our minds take a toll on us, and then we forget all about the positive thoughts that other say. Whether the person gets depressed, feels unworthy, or even isolates him/herself from friends and family, this needs to be fixed. When people begin to feel like this, they should remember that they are human and this can happen to anyone. They should go talk to someone and discuss their feelings because keeping it bottled up is never the answer.

From the article Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt in Creative Work by John Spencer, I learned that there are always going to be people who have self-doubt. I know that most people doubt him/herself because they compare themselves to others and do not think they are good enough. I know because I constantly do the same. I also want things to be perfect, which is why I do not let the world see my artwork, for example. I have several projects that are half done because it is not up to my standards. However, people need to see the finished project because in your eyes it may not be perfect, but to others it may be a masterpiece. It is okay to be vulnerable because it makes one learn and be able to improve in the future. Having a support system is always handy. Setting goals for oneself is truly important because without them, one loses him/herself in the work and forgets all about themselves. Lastly, trusting yourself is the most important thing you can have. This is because that is who you are inside and should not change that for anyone.

Be true to who you are (Image by John Spencer)

I believe feedbacks are very helpful in general. It makes people learn from their mistakes, so that they are able to continue and have advice if they ever need it. Over my years as a student, I found feedbacks to be very helpful and made me happy if it was positive; however, if it was negative, I wanted to know why it was so that I could improve myself. There were many classes where I never received any feedbacks and it just made me wonder what I did wrong. So I believe that feedback help with any part of one's life, like even communication.

Comments

Popular Posts