Reading Notes: Tiny Tales from the Ramayana, Section A

Notes: 

I really enjoyed the tiny tales that focused on Rama and Sita, as they are my favorite power couple from the first quarter of the Tiny Tales Ramayana. I feel like I could twist their love story and make it into a modern-day Romeo and Juliet because who does not love Romance stories. I certainly do! I want them to be portrayed as a couple of normal people in a bustling city life focusing on their own lives and careers; however, when they see each other for the first time, they are reminded of their epic love story from one of their past lives together as Rama and Sita. I may leave the ending ambiguous so it leaves the reader to play out what they think may happen next.

I also want to focus on the story of Rama and his task of having to pick up the bow and string it. I may change perspective instead of from Rama to actually the bow's perspective. I may give the bow some qualities that resemble it as a person. I think it would give it a fun and whimsical approach to the story. It would be like the bow does not like this person, so it decides to give that person a tough time.

I really liked that there were a couple of stories focusing on Sita's origin. I may incorporate some details from her origin stories and come up with a completely new origin story that has a twist to it. I might incorporate some Greek mythology into it. Perhaps, an adventurer may find a female doll in a labyrinth and decided to take it. Once he leaves the labyrinth and brings the doll to King Padmaksha, the doll magically turns into Sita. He then accepts her as his daughter.

I may do a couple of tiny tales but they each may come out to 150 words each. We will see how the storytelling goes.

The beginning of Rama and Sita together. Source: ThePrint

BibliographyTiny Tales from the Ramayana, Laura Gibbs

Comments

Popular Posts