Reading Notes: Tiny Tales from the Ramayana, Section D

Notes:

I cannot believe that I am already at the last part of the Tiny Tales of the Ramayana. I just finished the last section and am amazed at what happened in the end. I really enjoyed the storyline of Rama and Sita as well as Hanuman's loyalty to Rama. There were a couple of stories including them that I really liked.

I enjoyed the story where Sita told Rama that she was pregnant. I like that the entire kingdom was happy for them; however, there were some people who thought that she was perhaps unfaithful to Rama. So, I could change the story 360 degrees where instead of Sita being faithful to Rama, she ended up not being faithful. I know this changes the story quite a bit, but I think it would be interesting to see how Rama, Lakshmana, and the kingdom would react.

Another story that I liked reading was the one where Sita told Hanuman how she honored Rama. I thought it was sweet that Hanuman wanted to honor Rama by wearing vermillion as well. In my version, I would have Hanuman by all the vermillion powder that is sold in the entire kingdom of Ayodhya. He could then mix it with gold and make a statue of Rama and tell him "This is how much I honor you." I thought it was sad that Hanuman was not there when Rama passed in the end because he honored him so much. I just wish she could have had the chance to say goodbye to him.

A third story that I enjoy a lot was the one about how the twins were born. I remember coming up with an entirely new origin story for Sita and thought that it would be fun to come up with another origin story for a different set of characters. Perhaps I can make it where Kusha was created out of the mud after Lava was deeply upset that he did not have anyone's companionship. The gods took pity on Lava and forth came a sibling for Lava out of the very mud that he was playing with.

Valmiki shows Lava and Kusha how to shoot arrows. (Source: Wikipedia)

BibliographyTiny Tales from the Ramayana, Laura Gibbs

Comments

Popular Posts