Reading Notes: Week 2 Anthology

Goblin City

Focus on Setting: Now maybe instead of a quiet countryside-like island. The setting would become a kingdom with a castle. For example, like the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany but instead, it would be on the island. The castle would be looking out towards the ocean on the hilltop of the island. I want the setting where the sailors would never guess in a million years that something deadly lurks here. Also, it may make the sailors question why there is such a nice island out here in the middle of nowhere.

Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany (Source: TravelandLeisure)

Focus on One Specific Character: My favorite character in this story was the sailors' captain. I liked his character because he led some of the other sailors to freedom along with the help of the fairy and the horse. If people did not believe him, then everyone would have most likely have been eaten. I want there to be more of a story with the captain and his she-goblin wife, perhaps instead of humming that men taste good that the captain saw his wife's true form and that terrified him. He would maybe confront her and maybe she would have a change of heart and let him go.  Now that would add a good twist, I believe. 

Point of View: In my story, I want to add some additional characters other than the sailormen and the goblins and shift the focus of the story to them. I know it is already in a third-person point of view but in my opinion, it seems like the narrator is not on the island. I want the story's perspective coming from a side character who has been living on Goblin Island. This one side character is going to change the whole outlook of this story which is why I believe any character no matter how big or small can contribute to a story significantly. 

BibliographyGoblin City, W. H. D. Rouse


Comments

Popular Posts