Week 2 Reading Overview

Image of Brahma receiving the Vedas from Hayagriva (Source: WikiCommons)

I am super excited to start reading stories for this class. This plays a significant part in my religion. I decided that I am going to use the Ramayana by R. K. Narayan. I feel like this option is best suited for me because I found that this option comes from a book. I tend to lean towards books because I like the feel of reading from a novel. Although the other options seem great as well, I look forward to this one. After viewing many of the comic books through the Bizzell collection, I found a couple that interests me: The Sons of Rama: Luv and Kush - The Invincible Twins and Hanuman: The Epitome of Devotion and Courage. I chose the first comic because I am slightly familiar with Rama and Sita because my grandmother told me stories about them, and I would love to learn more about them. The second comic I chose was about Hanuman. He is worshipped in our family, but I do not know much about him. I feel that these two comics will give me a better understanding of my culture. The two videos that interested me the most were Symbols of Divinity and Indian and Greek Mythological parallels both by EPIFIED. These videos were so interesting! The first video was about all the symbols of divinity. I knew some of these but never knew what the meaning was behind them. The second one has similarities between Indian and Greek Mythology. Since I love to read about Greek Mythology, it was so fantastic to see how close both mythologies actually got to each other. I chose this image of Hayagriva and Brahma because it is something that is completely new to me. I thought it would be a good opportunity to learn something new.

Comments

Popular Posts